642 Things To Write About

I received this from Alice as a kind of exchange (I bought it for her she bought it for me) and it has quickly become one of my favourite books. I love these kind of books-I have the Future Listography, Wreck This Journal and now this. I, as you probably all know, have a immense passion for writing but I never know what to write and always feel it won't be good enough.





This book is packed with creative, unique writing ideas and starters that get you thinking and allow you to write from a position that maybe you wouldnt usually.
I also hope this will give me more confidence in sharing my writing as currently, despite usually being proud in my work (be it an essay or a creative piece) the only person that I allow to read it is my English teacher. Maybe, after practising and creating something I wouldn't mind sharing-I could publish it on here-who knows.

Some of my favourites are:
- "A conversation that you weren't supposed to over hear"
- "Put your iPod on random shuffle, write down the lyric of the first song that comes on, and use it as an opening line"
- "She was crazy that way..."
- "Interview a person you know well-ask questions you've never before asked"
- "A day in the life of the person sitting next to you"
- "Write a story based on the title of your favourite song"
- "There are two kinds of people: drunks and survivors of drunks. Which are you?"
- "You walk into your bedroom and find someone going through your drawers"

I really hope to spend my free time filling this book in and hopefully it will really improve my writing and allow me to vary my style!
If you have a passion for writing, I would highly highly recommend this. It is the perfect gift!

Katie x
Twitter - Bloglovin - Instagram

8 comments

  1. What an amazing book!! This really makes me wanna buy it. I would really like to read some of the stories you write in it!

    xxx Annemarie

    anneslittlearea.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love it-I would recommend looking on somewhere like amazon-its often quite a bit cheaper! Thank you-hopefully I will write something I feel comfortable enough to upload!xx

      Delete
  2. Wow I would love that, it's already given me lots of ideas just from the little bits you've shown. I'd love to read some of the things you come up with :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Its honestly brilliant! I'm going to try!:)x

      Delete
  3. That book looks amazing,I might have to get it! xx
    fashionismyfirstlanguage.blogspot.ie

    ReplyDelete
  4. I saw this book in waterstones! I'm so tempted to order it.

    xoxo,
    Ella / elzyella.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking your time to comment and read my blog- I really appreciate it!
I always read and reply to comments so don't forget to check back to see my reply!
Katie